Thursday 18 May 2017

DIY: Harry Potter Birthday Party

Last week was my birthday, and as I am a big Harry Potter fan, I decided to do a family dinner around this theme. The dinner itself was all home made by my mother: it was mostly armenian and libanese food!

Table:







Up here are the table pics, and below I'm showing you some Harry Potter scenes that inspired the table decoration:

  • I put plastic gold cups to keep with the Hogwarts eating hall style;
  • Some Jelly Beans and some other candys on jars because of the famous "Every Flavour Beans";
  • To mark the places of each person I made some Hogwarts letters with each name on it;
  • In the table center I did this "Weasley's flying car" scene, inspired on Pinterest, I did it with na IKEA candle holder;
  • And finally the salt shaker and the pepper shaker are like the flying origami bird that Umbridge burned.
Food:











These is some of the food, so as you can see it's mostly armenian and libanese food, and the only Harry Potter related things are:
  • The cone-shaped plastic bags that I found in those stores that sell a little bit of everything;
  • And the coconut Quidditch balls, so I just cut transparent paper as wings and put them into the coconut balls.


Decoration:





So these is the decoration I did, I didn't want it to be too much because I turned 21 so I still wanted it to be like a simple dinner and not a costume party so I just added some details that remind Harry Potter like:
  • The potions that I just put a drop of painting into these little bottles with water;
  • The deers are actually a Christmas decoration but it reminds me of Harry Potter (I'll just put some pics from the movies below);
  • I put some old keys attached to a string, and taped some paper wings so it looks like a scene from the movie;
  • And I put these kind of huge fairy lights above the table so it looks like th floating candles from the Hogwarts eating hall.

Finally, but certainly not least, my birthday cake home made by my mom and a photoboothe home made by me:



The cake is a chocolate cake but you can do any type of cake, relatively to Harry Potter what matters is the outsider of it, so it's just whipped cream with food coloring and a green frosting tube to design the letters on it. The photoboothe is a big white cardboard and I did like stencil letters on it and cut a square in the middle, so the guests look like Sirius Black below:


So this was my 21st birthday party, hope you enjoyed as much as I enjoyed it, and I hope it will give some inspiration if you are a Harry Potter fan too! A huge thank you to my mom who cooked for two days, and if you have any questions don't hesitate on the comments section, xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment